domenica 15 maggio 2016

Thailand: Take a bus in Bangkok



My last days in Bangkok I stayed in DD Hostel, near Victory monument.
To reach the center I took the bus (it also the most economy way to go around Bangkok).

My host explained me where is exactly the stops and where to exit.
It is easy for me because I love walking around the city so I had already a visual map about the center. 

The bus has a vintage style: the structure was very old and there are a lot of fans on the walls. 
The door is frequently open (I mean, during the ride bus too).
About the ticket: I asked to the bus rider where I had to pay, but he resolved the question shaking the hand (as a "no problem fella"). So the first ride was gratis.

The second time there was a girl on the bus that ask me 12 bath, few cents, and she gave me a "ticket", a little square of tiny paper.

I really really enjoyed the trip. Tourists usually don't take the bus because they cannot read Thai.







 °-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°  Testo in Italiano °-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
 
 
Quando soggiornavo all'ostello DD ho preso l'autobus per raggiungere il centro città, distante 40 minuti di macchina.
Mi sono fatta spiegare chiaramente dove stavano le fermate, anche se era facile capire dov'era approssimativamente il Grande Palazzo: mi piace girare a piedi in città così nei primi giorni mi ero fatta una mappa mentale dei luoghi principali.  
 
Gli autubus hanno un aspetto vintage, ci sono un sacco di ventilatori appesi alle pareti, i sedili e la struttura sono molto vecchi, e la porta è quasi sempre aperta (intendo dire, anche durante la corsa!).
 
La prima tratta non l'ho pagata, il conducente mi ha detto di non preoccuparmi, così mi sono seduta proprio dietro di lui per tutta la durata del viaggio. Al ritorno c'era una singora che chiedeva i soldi della tratta in cambio del "biglietto" , un fatiscente foglietto di carta quadrato, pagato pochi cent.

Nessun commento: